PTC has successfully provided an automation system for Honeywell to use for their sensor test station, eliminating the need for the manual loading and unloading of about 2000 pieces a day, and along the way, increasing the first-time pass rate from 93% to 99%.
The highly automated system, designed and developed by PTC, features a high accuracy 6-axis industrial robotic arm, PLC-controlled loading and unloading units, integrated and compatible HMI and utilizes visual analysis technology for automatic sensor testing.
- Fully integrated flexible software solution with diagnostics option
- Graphic user interface with touch screen capability
- Safety features; equipment can be placed closer to, or around, robot without interference
- Improved productivity time and efficiency
- Provided intelligent test results with a binning option
- Much improved quality with a yield of 99%
- Reduced machine loading time from 10 hrs to 30 minutes
- An automated solution for the user to load and leave
- Elimination of manual loading & unloading of 2000 pcs/day
- Robot functionality provided shorter cycle time, smaller footprint & accurate material handling
This sophisticated cutting-edge solution allows the user to replace its manual operation and boost its efficiency and productivity by a factor of 25%.