THE HONEYWELL CASE STUDY
PTC has successfully provided an automation system for Honeywell to use for their sensor test station, eliminating the need for the manual loading and unloading of about 2000 pieces a day, and along the way, increasing the first-time pass rate from 93% to 99%.
The highly automated system, designed and developed by PTC, features a high accuracy 6-axis industrial robotic arm, PLC-controlled loading and unloading units, integrated and compatible HMI and utilizes visual analysis technology for automatic sensor testing.
- Fully integrated flexible software solution with diagnostics option
- Graphic user interface with touch screen capability
- Safety features; equipment can be placed closer to, or around, robot without interference
- Improved productivity time and efficiency
- Provided intelligent test results with a binning option
- Much improved quality with a yield of 99%
- Reduced machine loading time from 10 hrs to 30 minutes
- An automated solution for the user to load and leave
- Elimination of manual loading & unloading of 2000 pcs/day
- Robot functionality provided shorter cycle time, smaller footprint & accurate material handling
This sophisticated cutting-edge solution allows the user to replace its manual operation and boost its efficiency and productivity by a factor of 25%.